Sweet Potato Curry Chili Chicken Soup
13th Jun 2019
This recipe is an all-time family favourite and is both gluten free and dairy free (just use a sour cream alternative for the garnish). My quality organic spices are a must for this recipe. To serve, garnish each bowl with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Be sure to tag us in your photos on Facebook so we can see your version of our family favourites!
- Farmer John
1/4 cup (60g) Farmer John's Savory Garlic Oil
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
2.2lb (1kg) boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
1Tbsp (15ml) Farmer John's Savory Sea Salt
1Tbsp (15ml) Farmer John's Organic Dried Garlic
1Tbsp (15ml) Farmer John's Organic Chili Powder
1Tbsp (15ml) Farmer John's Organic Curry Powder
4 cups (1lt) chicken broth
1 can (235ml) coconut milk
- In a large dutch oven pot, combine Farmer John's Savory Garlic Oil, Sweet Potato and chicken. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add spices and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until sweet potato is very soft (approximately 1-1.5 hours)
- Mash the sweet potato with a large spoon or potato masher. The chicken pieces should be tender and falling apart.
- Add the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Approximate total time: 2 hours
- Farmer John